BA Graphic Design, 2015 (Charleston Southern University, SC)
MS, Human Resource Administration, 2008 (Central Michigan University, MI)
BS, Human Resource Development, 1999 (University of Florida, FL)
HISTORY, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Successful small business owner of Overly Enterprises, LLC since 2007 and over eight years experience as an Air Force Personnel/Manpower Officer during which skills were applied in coping with a wide array of human resource and organizational processes and small business management. Established a reputation for delivering top results in some of the most fast-paced & dynamic organizations in the United States Air Force as well as the small business environment. A respected leader with a proven track record in applying innovative methods toward identifying, considering and resolving a variety of projects. Highly proficient in developing project timelines and budget requirements for program implementation. Highly skilled with preparing written and oral presentations, liaison and facilitator duties, preparing statistical data and analyzing trends; very experienced with Microsoft Office programs, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint; also experienced with conducting research studies, collecting and analyzing data, and preparing recommendations. Over 20 years experience owning, training and competing horses and teaching riding instruction, achieving an H-A United States Pony Club rating, and has earned a solid reputation as a credible stable manager. Quickly gaining experience in application of graphic design skills as applied effectively in a small business venue to include: Adobe CS6 and Creative Cloud suite (particularly, Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design), digital illustration, logo design, digital imagery and editing, marketing videos, marketing design, process book development, typography, website design/administration and product branding.
July 2007 – Present: SMALL BUSINESS OWNER, OVERLY ENTERPRISES, LLC
Planned & executed start-up of Overly Enterprises, LLC operating as Overly Stables in May, 2011. Secured/managed funds, selectively recruited, hired & trained first-rate staff, oversaw facility build-out, designed class schedules & developed/implemented marketing material to obtain maximum exposure/enrollment. Established local procedures for daily operations, and effectively managed customer feedback venues, ensuring the highest quality customer service.
- Currently running Overly Stables at maximum capacity for student enrollment and horse boarding/training. A strong reputation and effective equine management has produced an extensive wait list for services
- Developed business Logo for Overly Stables, created and maintained the Overly Stables website and utilized an array of marketing techniques that ultimately ensured maximum enrollment
- Effectively managed multiple complex programs simultaneously to include: marketing, financial analysis, program development and administration, Quickbooks data management, developed and updated personnel training requirements based on program needs; unparalleled ability to resolve issues and prioritize needs—all of which was accomplished while attending Charleston Southern University as a full-time student
Jul 05 to Jul 07: Chief, Career Enhancements
Led team of seven personnel providing services for military evaluations, passports, re-enlistment contracts, promotions, and administrative action processing in support of 4,200 base personnel and six geographically separated units within SC and NC.
- Self-starter! Quickly assessed deficiencies within her scope and addressed them head on. Proactive management reduced late performance reporting from 90% to record low of 10% in just a 3-mo time period
- Engaged local passport application process, assessed necessary training requirements and was the impetus to streamlining the Wing Passport procedures—reduced arduous task from days to just minutes and ensured 100% accuracy
- Attention to detail, leadership & expertise were pivotal to the Flight being recognized as the “Best Military Personnel Flight” in Air Mobility Command in 2005, and Squadron win of the Air Force-level Commander in Chief’s Excellence Award
- Ranked as #1 of 5 Company Grade Officers by the Squadron Commander; and was the recipient of the Squadron Company Grade Officer of the Quarter/Warrior of the Quarter award in 2006…”a platinum performance in her first personnel job!” by the Commander
Feb 04 to Jul 05: Executive Officer to the Director of Staff, HQ Air Mobility Command
Right-hand to the Director of Staff of HQ Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, IL. Authored executive-level correspondence; managed all staff administrative activity, disciplinary action, training development programs, suspense tracking systems, travel, and position management. Plans, programs, and executes the annual budget for the HQ staff. Advises and implements the decisions of the Director and acted as a direct liaison with 15 HQ directorates and direct reporting units.
- Impressive ability to generate cohesive efforts from different agencies. Successfully fused the actions of 15 HQ directorates while also working multiple, high-visibility decision packages required for senior leadership…results allowed leadership to generate future action plans in the best interests of the organization
- First choice for the executive officer position of 552 officers on staff, and in the top 1% of all Captains, by the Director of Staff; ranked in the top 5% of 323 superstar Company Grade Officers by the 3-star Vice Commander of HQ Air Mobility Command